Thank you for your interest in SGA Elections at UGA! Elections are held each year during the spring semester. If you are interested in running for a position in the upcoming elections, please take a few minutes to read through the documents found on this page.
We will be having a special Information Session for Freshman on February 26th in MLC 250 where we will explain the elections process and available positions in greater detail. We will also have snacks at the events!
Meet the 43 candidates running for office here.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact: Attorney General and Elections Chairman at UGASGAelections@gmail.com
2014 Elections Timeline
Candidate Information Sessions (6:30-7:30 pm, -8:00 for Exec. tickets)
- Thursday, January 23, 2014: Cancelled
- Wednesday, January 29, 2014: MLC 148
- Monday, February 3, 2014: MLC 250: Cancelled
- Wednesday, February 12, 2014: MLC 250
- Monday, February 17, 2014: MLC 250
- Wednesday, February 26, 2014: MLC 250: This information session will include special information for 1st year students where we will explain the elections process and available positions in greater detail.
- Monday, March 3, 2014: MLC 250
- Wednesday March 5, 2014: MLC 250 Final Session; All candidate paperwork must be turned in by this date.
Elections Campaign Timeline
- Wednesday, March 26- Sunday, March 30, 2014- Campaigning (Polls not open)
- Monday March 31- Wednesday, April 2, 2014- Campaigning (Polls open)
- Thursday April 3, 2014- Election Result Announcements at Noon (Flagpole at Tate II)
In the event of a run-off election:
- Monday, April 7- Tuesday, April 8, 2014- Polls open for run-off elections
- Wednesday, April 9, 2014- Run-off election announcements at Noon (Flagpole at Tate II)
Important Elections Documents
Important Elections Documents can be turned into Becki Garrett’s office located in the Center for Student Organizations (1st floor of Tate Student Center).
- Vice President
- College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences (2)
- Franklin College of Arts and Sciences (16)
- Terry College of Business (3)
- Odum School of Ecology (1)
- College of Education (4)
- College of Engineering (1)
- College of Environment & Design (1)
- College of Family & Consumer Sciences (2)
- Warnell School of Forestry & Natural Resources (1)
- Graduate School (3)
- Grady College of Journalism & Mass Communication (2)
- School of Law (1)
- College of Pharmacy (1)
- College of Public Health (1)
- School of Public & International Affairs (2)
- School of Social Work (1)
- College of Veterinary Medicine (1)
Graduate Student Association
Graduate students will be voting for a GSA President and Vice President on the same ballot as the SGA elections. Please click here to view information about the GSA elections and candidates.
You can view the election results here.